Domain Name Basic knowledge: What a domain name is, Why domain name, and How domain name work
What is the use of a domain name? There are more to domain name than you think. Your domain name can be your first impression, your face to the outside world, and your new marketing plan. So you need to learn more about what domain names are, why you should take the time to choose a good one for yourself, and how to go about it.
Now let's start at once, What is a domain name?
A domain name is an address for the Internet. It helps people find a paarticular web site. Just like home or business address, every web sites must have a domain names. For instance, the Yahoo! domain name is yahoo.com.
A domain name is made up of two parts, typically preceded by www. Let's use yahoo.com as an example:
* The first part, yahoo, is a unique name that represents the web site.
* The second part, com, is the extension, and stands for "commercial." There are many extensions available, though .com, .net, .biz, .info, and .us are the most popular extensions in the United States.
Find below a typical domain name structure:
Why a domain, a good one at that?
A good domain name helps you in so many ways such as:
Add your domain name to your business card, email signature, and other advertisements. This builds credibility,Show your customers that you have an established business and subsequently improve your marketing by easy provision of customers an easy way to remember and contact you.
It also Protect your brand, Secure the domain name that best represents your business name — and keep it out of the hands of your competitors.
Domain name best describes your site. For example, a group of musician that want a nice description and notoriety might use their stage names, some combination of words that best describe what they do or their most famous music.
How to choose a domain name
Keep these tips in mind as you select your domain name.
* Your domain name should reflect your business name or the topic your site will cover.
* It should be a unique and concise name that is easy to say, remember, and spell.
* You can use only letters, numbers, and hyphens in your domain name. Spaces or other symbols are not allowed.
* If your first choice is not available, rearrange the word order, add hyphens, or use abbreviations or locations to come up with a unique alternative.
Now, once you have a domain name, you need a web site! for a progressive action action. You are privileged to to come to this place. It's easy to add Yahoo! services that help you build a full web site or open an online store.